This is a nutritious and hearty salad, it has fiber and protein. It is perfect for lunch.
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed beans cut into 2 to 3-inch long chunks. These beans that we will use are beans in pods, they can be green or yellow.
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional for low carb ketogenic diet)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup chives, chopped
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Chopped almonds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-Soak the chopped red onions in a small bowl with water to remove the edge. Let rest.
2-Fry the bacon strips in a pan until crisp. Then place on absorbent paper to remove excess fat. Cut the bacon into small pieces, leave for later.
3-Bring water and salt to boil in a large pot. Put the green and yellow bean pods in the water and leave for 2-3 minutes until the beans are slightly cooked but crisp. After they are ready, drain the beans and put in cold water to stop cooking. The beans will be crisp. Drain the beans and onions.
4-To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, balsamic oil, Italian seasoning, honey, salt and pepper in a jar with a lid and shake well.
5-Place the beans, chopped red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped almonds and chives in a salad bowl. Pour in some dressing and stir. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to top the salad. Add pepper and salt to taste and serve. You can leave in the refrigerator if you wish before serving.