This is an avocado and chicken salad that is light and full of flavor. Ideal to take to our office or work. It is healthy and easy to prepare.
- 1/2 lb (225g) chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Lime Juice Dressing
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Cilantro or parsley
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, diced.
1-Combine the chicken seasoning and a tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Add the chicken breast and stir.
2- Meanwhile, both heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and garnish it with a tablespoon of olive oil.
3-Cook the chicken breast when the pan is hot for approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan when cooked and cool on a plate.
LIME JUICE DRESSING
While the chicken is cooking, combine all the ingredients for the lime dressing in a small bowl to mix. Beat well to combine.
1-Cut the chicken breast when cold into small cubes. Combine in a large bowl with the salad ingredients (cucumber, tomato, red onion, and avocado).
2-Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and combine well. It can be served immediately or saved for later.