This is a recipe for a delicious lunch and it will leave you very satisfied, they contain a lot of protein.
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or a gluten-free alternative)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
For the chicken
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1-In a medium bowl mix the sauce ingredients and reserve.
2-For the chicken: in a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Sauté on all sides in the oil until they are cooked for approximately 7 minutes.
3-Add the sauce to the pan. Put the heat to medium-low. Cook the sauce until it is thick and the chicken is well covered for about 2 minutes.
4-Transfer the chicken with sesame to a serving platter (accompanied with cauliflower rice if you wish).
Drizzle on sesame seeds and sliced green onions, it’s ready to serve.