This is an irresistible skillet steak juices in an irresistible butter sauce ideal for dinner.
- One 1 pound (450 g) sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- A pinch of red chili flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- ½ cup beef broth (or water)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
FOR THE ADOBO
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or whatever hot sauce you like)
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1- Combine the oil, Sriracha, pepper and soy sauce in a bowl. marinate the steak strips in the mixture for 30 minutes.
2- Melt the butter over high heat in a pan. Season the steak with salt and pepper and brown quickly, turning once until browned for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the steak strips to a covered plate.
3- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the shallot and garlic in the same skillet, stirring occasionally until the shallot is soft. Add thyme, chives, chili flakes, lemon juice, mustard, and 1/2 cup of the beef broth with a spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid reduces by half, 5 minutes. Add two tablespoons of butter until melted, add a little salt and pepper.
4- Return the steak to the pan, stir and heat quickly. Garnish with chopped parsley and chives to serve.