In this recipe you can use ground beef of different types and also mix with ground beef and other meats. Using breadcrumbs is not recommended.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1-Make the albongida in a bowl where we will first put the ground meat and mix with the parsley, egg, garlic, salt and red pepper. Make sure it is well mixed. Make 24 meat balls and put them to a slow cooker.
2-Make the sauce in a large bowl where we will put the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, oregano and garlic. We will season with salt and pepper. We will put it on the meat balls.
3-Cook over low heat with the pot covered 5 hours 45 mins.
4-Garnish with parsley and serve.