This is an easy, crunchy salad with delicious ingredients. It has feta cheese with cucumber and is ideal for lunch.
- 2 cucumbers
- The heart of one iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Jalapeño, sliced
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Zest of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or other oil)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- juice of two limes (lemon also work)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey (skip for low carb)
1-Cut the cucumber lengthwise and remove the seeds. Then cut the cucumber halves into slices that will be in a C shape.
2-Combine all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl also combine the dressing ingredients and mix vigorously. Then pour over the salad.
3-Mix the salad with your bare hands and let it rest in the refrigerator for 10 minutes so that the juices combine. Then it can serve.